Join the Ice Challenge and support this goal
Within seven years, 144,000 African elephants have been killed. Southern Africa is home to over 50% of the African elephant, making this area the last stronghold of the species. The Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park is a 35,000 km² park that transcends multiple country borders. It links the Limpopo National Park in Mozambique, the Kruger National Park in South Africa, the Gonarezhou National Park, Manjinji Pan Sanctuary, and Malipati Safari Area in Zimbabwe, as well as the area between Kruger and Gonarezhou, the Sengwe.
In Mozambique, we are planning to create a corridor to connect two protected areas together with Elephants Alive and local organizations. Through GPS collars, we are able to track elephant movements. This increases our understanding of elephants’ landscape use and their habitat and safety needs. Through the corridor, elephant habitats will be connected, providing more space and food for the elephants, and increased biodiversity in the area. The restored habitat will be a safe haven for elephants, with fewer incidents of crop-raiding as a result. Bring the Elephant Home’s focus will mainly be on involving the local community in the corridor area through workshops and identifying job opportunities through the planting of trees, alternative crops, installing chilli and bee fences and ecotourism. In Thailand, Bring the Elephant Home is working on similar projects so that we can test and improve the model on both continents.
Please support this goal! Join the Bring the Elephant Home and Wim Hof Ice Challenge Fundraiser. Thailand (December 18-20).
Take on the Ice Challenge!
Participants are asked to raise to a minimum amount of 1.099 Euro – $ 1,199 – 36,000 THB.
Secure your spot at the Wim Hof Bring the Elephant Home Ice Challenge by donating below. Please read the condition prior to making your donation. This event has a maximum capacity of 100 participants.
Do you need to raise funds or find sponsors? Send us an email to start your own crowdfunding page. Would you like to participate with more than one person? Please donate according to the number of participants and email us us the full name and contact details of each participant.
We look forward to seeing you!
[text-blocks id=”donation-destination-wim-hof” destination=”CHALLENGE_ICE_ONE_OFF_DONATION” plain=”1″]
If you are unable to donate online, please email us the name(s) and contact details of the participant(s) and we will send you a donation request with our bank account details.
Terms & Conditions
- Accommodation, meals, all activities of the Ice Challenge and elephant safari are included.
- As a participant, you must be 18 years or older at the time of the event.
- This event is a fundraiser for a Dutch and Thai registered charity, so your donation may be tax-deductible. Please check your country’s tax regulations.
- Donations for this fundraiser are non-refundable. However, if you inform us in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you are not able to join at least 30 days prior to the event, you will be eligible for a refund of 50%. No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the event, nor failure to attend.
- Force majeure: BTEH shall not be liable to refund should the event be cancelled due to any cause whatsoever beyond our control.
Ice Challenge for Elephants uses: